Sunday, February 13, 2011

Tadpole

This has been a week!! I had the flu over the weekend and into the beginning of the week. It was not fun, although I have to be thankful because the doctor said pregnancy and flu is a pretty bad combo, I was a survivor and fought it off. Thanks to my compadre, Kimberly, who brought us a tub of Loaded Potato Soup, it was just what the doctor ordered and gave us a hot meal for a few days! While I was in my sickness coma my parents and Joel's parents helped with the boys. Joel's parents actually took them to see the Monster Truck Show in Hattiesburg, I wish I had some pictures, they had a blast!! My classroom has suffered from my lack of health this week that is for sure, so I will be catching up today and probably for the rest of the week. This weekend was Joel's weekend to work at the hospital, so the boys and I took off Saturday morning to ride with my parents to the coast to eat a birthday lunch with my brother, Dean, and to pick up Lucy and Grayson. We were 8-deep in the Tahoe yesterday with two sets of twins, Nanny and Pop, Granny Shaw and myself! It served a purpose and I'm glad we have a car that will fit that many but I decided I will not be riding any further than the Gulf Coast that loaded down anytime soon, it was a little claustrophobic! We went to Uncle L.J.'s house and rode the golf cart, fished, did some swinging and visiting, it was a great day!

Uncle LJ, Hudson, Harrison, and Grayson trying to catch the monster catfish, it was huge.

Grayson didn't get the memo of how cold it was!! He wanted to catch a tadpole....a boy thing I guess.

Looking at his first tadpole, he even held it! Slimy!!

This is Annie the Corgi dog she loves to ride the golf cart and keeps a close eye on the kids.

Lucy driving the boys around, they almost went to sleep sitting straight-up.

Nothing better than a tree-swing!

This is where my mind NEEDS to be, decorating and preparing for a baby girl! I have made my "To Do" list this morning and feel better about having a direction. The boys talk about her all the time and are very excited. Hudson wants to buy her a pink hair bow.

Happy Birthday to my brother Dean, we love you so much! Happy Valentine's to my little boys and my big boy, you really know how to make me feel like a queen I love you all very much! Joel surprised me with some new Maui Jim sunglasses that I have been dreaming about for a few years... on top of that he has completely stepped-up since I have been pregnant and sick and does so much around the house, he bathes the boys every night, washes and folds clothes, cleans the kitchen, builds fires, feeds the dog, and has a true unending desire to take care of, play with, spend time with and teach our little boys important things (like how to build a fire, etc ;). Ughhhhh, I miss him when he works the weekends!


4 comments:

  1. Glad you're feeling better! Love the pics! That's one huge tadpole!! Love Annie the Corgi...she's too cute.

    Look at Joel! What a great hubby he is! You, the boys and Fleebur are very lucky :)

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yesterday sounded like fun... like something I would get myself into ;) It was such a beautiful day! So glad you are better now. Happy Valentine's Day to you guys. We miss y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Valentines Day to all your sweet boys!!! You are truly blessed! Glad you are feeling better! Can't believe you bounced back so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the doll! :) she should maybe be a permanent fixture on your blog? do you read fly thru my window? she cracks me up when she puts the darby doll on there.

    ReplyDelete