Monday, May 23, 2011

Puddin'

I survived my first week by myself with just a few bumps. The first day went beautifully, which made me a little suspicious. The second day was a little more "typical". The morning started off with Harrison dumping a package of powdered chocolate pudding EVERYWHERE. I think he thought it WAS pudding and once it started coming out he tried to clean up the dry powder with a dry washcloth and just ended up dumping the remains behind a chair in the corner.....big mess. Then after I picked the boys up from school they were in the garage supposed to be getting their trikes out and I walked out to find Harrison walking on top of my car and Hudson in the driver's seat honking the horn....minor heart attack. Then they were playing on the front porch and Hudson comes in crying and soaking wet, Harrison had turned on the hose and sprayed Hudson in the face and soaked his clothes, so I (nearing mental breakdown) run out to grab the hose and the stinker sprays me down.... By the time my poor Joel got home I was in tears and rocking. However, after much needed rehabilitation the boys are acting MUCH sweeter and we a good chance of survival!

Here is the Miss at 2 weeks old!
We had her check-up this morning and she has gained 2 lbs in 2 weeks! The girl eats. She has a little heart murmur that we have to go get an echo for in the morning, apparently this is pretty normal. She is doing really well and has been a good baby so far!

Harrison can't take his eyes off the TV long enough for a snapshot :)

Hudson really adores her and always asks for her to kiss him goodnight...he thought it was awesome that she was in HIS bed.

A little ice cream treat after a successful kid portrait session, they were so good!

"The most fun I've had in a long time" - Joel, about sitting in a chair holding the sprayer for the boys to ride through.....we need a vacay.

Mommy and little girl

Sorry Saylor, you are kind of hard for them to hold right now :)

6 comments:

  1. Such precious children!! You definitely have your hands full, but seem to be doing an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That last picture is hilarious!! Did you get the Orange Sherbert at Purple Cow?!! Isn't it awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA! Oh this is so funny! And sweet. Love all the pictures. Bless you, friend ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, that's what I have to look forward to?? ;)

    Love the pics..esp the last :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The first paragraph about your day at home got me tickled. I can imagine my life being like that if I have anymore children. Bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww... loved it! Precious pics :) And again, Saylor is beautiful! She looks so much like Hudson to me. Glad she has been a good baby so far, it will hopefully only get even better :)

    ReplyDelete