Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Noise Displaysia

This is the condition you have when you finally get all your chickens to sleep at the same time. My definition of quiet and your definition of quiet is probably different... I was talking to my friend Heather today about the silence we obsess about during nap times. First, it is quite an accomplishment when you get three kids down and asleep at the same time and NOTHING is going to mess it up! The only thing I hear right now is two monitors with sound machines on "rain" and a little black fly that is flying in the window. I don't wear shoes so that my steps don't arouse anyone, I usually don't have the tv on but if it is, it's muted, I turn the ringer on my phone down, I don't dare get ice, flush a toilet or get a snack either! Crazy maybe but this is the only hour in the day that it's just me and I can get some things done! I think I am noise sensitive now due to this condition. Things that will make my blood pressure spike during this time... UPS man ringing the doorbell twice in a row, neighbor deciding to rev up the engine to each outdoor toy and ride it around the house, or house phone ringing. Don't be afraid to call or text me I have my phone close and I love to step outside to chat :) I know they probably can't hear much and are in a deep sleep but I just call it insurance.... I even creep out of a chair if I sit down so not to make it squeak... Just thought I needed to document for those days in the near future when this idea of all 3 napping is humorous.

3 comments:

  1. This made me laugh! I am sure I will truly understand it in the near future :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I never imagined that when I had a one year old, my four year old would still be napping. Do you think we can swing this until they start kindergarten? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! I can't believe you were brave enough to take their pics! Our UPS man ALWAYS comes during nap time, too!!! Makes me want to throw the package back at him ;)

    ReplyDelete