Sunday, December 16, 2012

Newtown




I will keep this simple for documentation purposes, after the senseless tragedy that happened on Friday in Newtown, CT my heart has been weighted and sad. Along with every other parent, grandparent, aunt, uncle, teacher etc. I just can't wrap my mind around it. I do know this much..... Our Lord has blessed Joel and I beyond measure and all I wanted to do was to put these babies in my arms and hold them and shield them from anything that might harm or alter their pureness. I am so grateful for them and the magic, innocence, laughter and craziness they bring to our entire family's lives. These are our most precious gifts and it made me more aware of how fragile they are and how quickly they can be taken or traumatized beyond repair. 

Lord, I come to you with a grateful heart and I am humbled beyond words as to why I am so blessed to be able to hold my healthy children this weekend. You have given the ultimate gift to us, Your Son. I can't begin to understand what has happened but I pray for peace beyond understanding for that community and those families who lost their precious children. Lord, I pray that you will impress upon the angry hearts to forgive this man, I know not what they harbor for him but I know that You have provided us with the capacity to do so. Father, I pray for your guidance as a parent to make the best decisions for our children and to protect them when we can't. Thank you for this precious and most meaningful season, we love you. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen

1 comment: