Monday, October 17, 2011

The accident

Last week, we had an emergency that seriously scared me "sober". By "sober" I mean straight the heck up out of the fog of motherhood of 3 small tiny children. I don't have pictures, understand I didn't take the time out to document.

Harrison was napping, so I took Saylor and Hudson out back to play. Saylor was in her baby swing and I was rocking while watching Hudson swing down on the playground. I saw Hudson playing by the monkey bars, climbing up and down the ladder, he would swing out and come back. They don't go across them yet, ours are so high! Next, I thought Hudson was swinging on a bungee cord hanging from one of the bars. I knew something was wrong and he wasn't responding when I yelled his name but I could here something. So I RAN (flew) down to him and thought his shirt was stuck on the hook and when I went to lift him off I saw it was lodged in his arm, it had hooked him as he jumped off the monkey bars and ripped through and stuck in his arm. PANIC. I saw the inside of my baby's arm...PANIC. Long story short...I got all kiddos in the car, turned on my hazards and raced to the ER. I tried to make it fun so they didn't realize I was a hair from coo coo. "You didn't know Mommy's truck could go this fast did you, this is fun!!!" They took him right in, sedated him, cleaned it, explored it, and sutchered him right up. He was SOOOO brave, minimal tears, he didn't cry when they gave him an IV or anything else. Harrison was big too, he saw the wound and just worried about his brother hurting or being scared.

So I just want to say, it could have been tragic, it missed all the veins and arteries right there at the top of his arm, it wasn't his face or neck, he truly had a guardian angel. I have been complacent in the fact that boys will be boys and I just realized how fast things can change. It was a random preventable injury. He is fine, never had any pain and or complaints. WE are so thankful! I just wanted to document ...... so ..... how about them Eagles SMTTT?

2 comments:

  1. Glad everyone is okay! Kuddos to you for keeping your cool. Pretty sure I would've lost it.

    SMTTT! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cringed before I even started reading this one! Don't know how you managed to get them all to the ER. I think I would have had to call the ambulance to come pick us all up!

    ReplyDelete