Monday, October 24, 2011

The month of projects

This past month our garage has not had a car in it, instead we had about 3 projects going at once at all times. We had some old things that we were restoring and bringing new life too and now that they are in place I wanted to share the before and after pics! Joel has seriously been working just about every night after kids bedtime and when he could on the weekends....thank you for all your hard work and inhalation of toxic fumes honey!


Here is the old door we found in a pile, Joel pointed it out and we loved and could not decide what to do with it.


So we cleaned it up added a clear coat to keep the lead paint covered and put hooks on it. Now its our hall tree.

It was so heavy, I hope the wall can hold it for years to come!

Here is his Grandmother's piano, a Baldwin that was built in 1982 (looked up the serial #)

This was the project that about did Joel in, he sanded and stripped and painted that thing probably 10 times total. He couldn't get the paint consistency right and then once the paint store gave him the wrong kind so he had to strip it down and start over and after I think 4 coats it is clean and crisp and perfect!

Against our new Grey wall (another project)

The antique craigslist sofa and chair that was a thorn in our side (and took up the garage room) until we finally found someone to recover and refinish it.

The finished product, I didn't get a full picture but you can see it is like new!

The chair and our old light fixture.

The old pew from Providence Baptist Church that Joel wanted for the back deck coming out of the pew graveyard!

After a few repairs and a clear coat for weather protection, we can seat about 10 more people now! It is so long, 12 feet!

5 comments:

  1. Wow! Y'all have got some awesome things! I've always wanted a piano...as someone who plays one and has never owned one. Maybe one day...

    Love the pew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I love ALL of this Amanda! I wish I was creative. Good to see you and the boys this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya'll have been soooo busy!!! I LOVE them all!!! I'm super impressed with what all you guys are handy enough to do :) Great job!!! I know you are proud of your new "prettys."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I am impressed with Joel's handiness, is there an app for that? Dean

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE everything!!! I'm so glad I got to see you the other day!

    ReplyDelete