Thursday, April 19, 2012

Kitchen Facelift

We got a kitchen facelift this month! New counter tops, backsplash, sink and stove. We wanted it to be clean and bright so we went with white. The granite was one of the lightest we could find without going to white marble and went with a glazed "mini" subway tile for the backsplash and kept the white cabinets we had, I do want a fresh coat of high gloss paint but after being without a kitchen for 5 days it's going to take some time for me to be ready for another project soon. Joel's dad can do anything and thanks to him we didn't have to rent any tools or hire anyone to do any work! I wasn't sure what to do over the stove (colored tile or design) but I got some inspiration from houzz.com and went with the herringbone pattern which I am so happy with! It's all so nice and clean and bright now, I have no before pics on my phone but I will post on that later. One night when Pappy (Joel's dad) was working with our oven outlet (220v) Joel lit a firecracker behind him and apparently we are lucky he didn't kill over, I would have! I had to add the pic I Joel hooking up our new sink and disposal (my first ever!) he was watching videos on you tube.... He certainly learned a lot that week. Thank you Pappy for all of your knowledge, time and tools!

4 comments:

  1. Looks great! Love it! And, glad you guys are all on the mend! Been missing what's going on with the Pierces!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I'm sure Joel really appreciates the one of him ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wait? what?? your first disposal ever? i would die!! kitchen looks awesome. can joel come do mine now?

    ReplyDelete