Sunday, February 2, 2014

A New Year and a New Start

    For my little booth at the Southern Antique Mall in downtown Laurel, I was going to go to market to find some new great things for the year. I also accepted a part-time teaching position at Laurel Middle School, teaching 7th grade English. Some great things to report.... Harrison and Hudson got their star reading reports after the 100th day of Kindergarten and they have both made tremendous improvement and are almost independent readers. Kindergarten has been wonderful and they are learning so much. I got accepted into the Dyslexia Therapy program at William Carey University and will start this summer. I am really excited about and can't wait to start helping kids become life long readers! This is dear to my heart but that's another post!
Here is me, Andrea and Chrissy ready to get after it. It is no joke, a lot of walking, thinking, looking at maps, timing, buying and planning!
Guess who this is?? Christopher Radko! We have a lot of his ornaments but I'm sad to report he has sold his ornament business and is into lavender now....who would've thought?

After drum lessons one day we were in town and it was such a nice day so we went swinging at Gardiner Park, my favorite park in Laurel.

Their 100th day of Kindergarten! They did a poster to represent it and it was all their work, except I helped glue on a few balloons when the melt downs started showing up :/

These sweet babies (Lucy and Grayson in our wedding) turned 13 in January, is it possible?? They were the first babies in our family and stole my heart from the first mention of their existence. 

She wanted her hair rolled too, she is little tender-headed, we will definitely have to work through that, I see many of tears and arguments ahead over that head of hair!

Besties for sure! Kayla and Saylor are the sweetest girls together and to hear them laugh and giggle is the greatest sound.

The girls stayed with us one night and we spent most of the next day at the park, fresh air is the best therapy.

No comments:

Post a Comment