Sunday, March 22, 2009


This is a picture from the Choo Choo Train at the Hattiesburg Zoo. It was such a pretty day on Saturday we took the boys and had a picnic. Harrison laughed for the entire train ride, it was funny. If you will notice, Joel is squeezed ever so tightly in this seat with his long legs, good thing it only went around once!




Quack Quack! Watching the ducks...they knew just what they were when they saw them!

To make a long story short, we took Harrison to the ER Saturday night with a 104.5 fever and a racing pulse, we were scared to death. Mawmaw and Pawpaw came and stayed with Hudson, which was much appreciated! After a lovely 5 hour visit we returned home with an ear infection. We really thought he was dehydrated and I am still not convinced he wasn't. He is feeling better just not drinking enough. Hudson has been so sweet with him, he went home with Nana and Pop tonight in case I need to take Harrison to the doctor in the morning.


What a bad job on my part on the picture representation at Kali's party today! This is the ONLY one I had of all three :(. It was a gorgeous day and the party setup looked great! The boys jumped in a jumper for the first time and loved it! This is Kali showing them "jumpy jumpy". Harrison was still feeling bad so we left early. Liam and Jason came too!

















After the party today while playing outside, Huddy decided to go down the slide on our swing set alone! I can't believe how grown-up they are getting, now we don't have to lift him up and hold his hand as he goes down....sigh. I was proud!

To tie this excessively long post up I have a short story....normally they will not be this long, trust me it has been an active past three days. I am having trouble holding my eyes open!
Obviously we did not attend a church today (as we are still looking...pray we will find our match!). I had not received my "lesson" and thought "well I will have to catch it next week, had a bad night". However, while we were all in the car today Joel ran into the gas station and normally my mind is on another planet while in a vehicle (drivers beware) and for some reason I tuned in just long enough to hear a short message that has had my wheels turning all day. This is just the part that I heard...
"God gives us grace and God gives us mercy, think of it like this....Grace is when God gives us something we don't deserve and mercy is something God did NOT give us that we did deserve"

That struck a chord with me in that, we are very blessed in our lives, with our precious children, our healthy family relationships, our long time friendships, our health and a secure job. Most people cannot claim to have two of those things. Why us? Why do we get to enjoy those pleasures....by God's grace and mercy and I am so thankful for that. It reminds me that learning a lesson about God does not only happen in a sanctuary it can happen anywhere if even through a thirty second spot on the radio. God can sneak into my heart and give me my "lesson" when I need it if I will just listen. I thought that was such a great way to make sense of grace and mercy, two words we hear a lot in church and in the bible. I hope you all have a great week and maybe you can find signs of His grace and mercy too!

No comments:

Post a Comment