Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Fish Tale


Yesterday morning I was changing diapers and getting juice for them and Harrison stuck his hand down the back of his diaper (I know what you're thinking, but this is not a normal action for him so I looked at him in disbelief...). "I caught something!", he exclaimed! I thought "Oh no, please don't tell me..." and he pulled his hand out and said, "A big fish! I caught it with some worms!". Whew, he is really into fishing and will fish at any time in any given fishing hole, obviously! He always pulls out a pretend fish and says how big it is, this was a new fishing spot and it scared me, it was just too early to deal with any other "catches" out of the diaper. He is so imaginative I never know what he is going to come up with next!
Shortly after getting dressed, Mrs.Carol the Speech Therapist showed up for her visit. I thought it would be a funny conversation starter so I said, "Hey Harrison tell Mrs. Carol what you caught in your diaper this morning"....she looked at me like I was crazy, no worries I knew he was about to share his cute fishing story!
"A Poopie!!" he yells. AAAAAGHH, no no no no, "That is NOT what you caught Harrison!! You tell her what you caught with worms!!" he again says, "A Poopie!!", so then I continued to explain to her the cute fishing story which now is just a way to dig myself out of this cute story gone gross. Of course I don't think she found as cute and amusing as I did, but I think we always think our kids are much more cute and amusing than others right!?

4 comments:

  1. OMG!! I LOVE IT!!! You need to tell that one at his wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA! I personally think this story is very cute and amusing! Good one, Harrison! You just never know what's coming our of that mouth ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hilarious! Harrison is such a funny kid!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amanda, I laughed out loud! They are so adorable!!

    ReplyDelete