Friday, May 14, 2010

Mother's Day


A few reasons I love being these boys mommy:
  • I love to listen to them say grace or nighttime prayers, it is so pure and genuine *tear
  • I don't mind putting eyes and a mouth on their play-doh snakes
  • I love that when Hudson sits by me he puts his arm around my neck and kisses my head
  • I love that Harrison introduces himself and says "I'm Harrison and this is my brother Hudson" as he puts his arm over his shoulder.
  • I love that when they wake up from a nap or in the morning they expect me to be as excited as I would be if I hadn't seen them in a week (and I always am!)
  • I love that they ask me if I'm happy, we have been learning emotions.
I had such a great Mother's Day weekend, Joel surprised me with a dozen roses and a sweet card that said be ready to leave for the night at 3:00 on Friday! We went down to the coast for the night and met our good friends the Crager's. We had so much fun, ate good food, danced and only lost a small amount of money. (relative to what we used to go and lose before kids ;) The next day my mom met us in Gulfport with the boys and we went to the beach and the pier, just in case it is a long time before they can go back and play (oil spill). It was a great day! Here are some pictures from this week!
My guys on the beach in Gulfport

On the pier, a nice guy let them reel in a Flounder, it was awesome!

Hard Rock with my date

Courtney and Kyle Crager

The boys doing their sea life sponge animals, they LOVED this, great cheap activity!


They love sidewalk chalk "choks"

1 comment: