Monday, January 21, 2013

Our first broken bone

We have never had a broken bone, me included. Joel broke his ankle in high school. Our two adventurous, high-flying, super hero boys have never broken a bone! Precious Saylor was on her tummy on our big ottoman and slid off, on purpose, and must have caught herself wrong and broke her humorous right above her elbow! I was without a working phone and Joel was working a basketball game... Yes panic set in. Thanks to technology I was able to get the iPad and FaceTime Joel at the game, all I could do without falling to pieces was say "I'm on my way! I think Saylor broke her arm!". So I dropped the boys off with him and went to the ER and sure enough it was broken. The ortho-surgeon that Joel wanted her to see then called Sunday night and said no food or liquids after midnight because she will probably need some pins. Long story short, all she needed was a cast! She is doing very well and uses her left arm to pick up her casted arm to move it, it's kinda sad. She is not sleeping well at all because she cannot turn over or move once she is laying down, so we are all ready for these few weeks to pass so we can go back to sleeping!
We I was excited she didn't have to wear a tshirt to church!

All she can wear are the boys' tshirts! So we put a bow and ruffle socks on to make it a little more girlie :)

The boys had PJ day at school and got to wear their batman PJ's and then they wore them all over town, here we are at a Laurel HS basketball game.

Here she is getting her pink cast, it was so hard, she was scared and screamed the whole time. 

After getting her cast on our way to get the boys from school, she was happy again.

This was Sunday morning after she broke it, with just the splint on, that would be a smile on her face...hard to tell ;)

The boys will play baseball this season for the first time and Daddy has been practicing with them, Hudson thinks its not fair that they have to pick up the balls they hit and bring them back to Daddy.

2 comments:

  1. Great post! Poor baby girl :( The one where she's getting her cast just breaks my heart :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, this breaks my heart!! I will be so glad for all of you when she is back to 100%. BLESS IT!!

    ReplyDelete