Sunday, April 11, 2010

Hey Nah Nah!

This is what we hear when Harrison wakes up and comes in the room. Nah nah is what Hudson calls Harrison. He CAN say Harrison but he has always called him this and now it is trickling out of our house and others are catching on. We used to joke about how kids can start nicknames that stick for a lifetime...like the mechanic my Dad knows "Peanut".... The speech therapist calls Harrison "nah nah" and the grandparents do too and I even catch myself during the day calling him that. Oh well, I really don't think it will stick, it's a term of endearment for now.
"Hello?" The boys talking on their cantaloupe phones

Charlie sunning on the deck.

Pappy (Joel's Dad) so sweetly came up one day this week and made us a a bed for our new Crepe Myrtles, bought us a Dogwood and planted it, cut out a dead top of Maple tree and helped me pick out shrubs and trees to finish out the side of our house. It was nice to spend some quality time with him and soak up his landscaping knowledge. The boys helped him dig and work in the yard.


For you other bloggers, I have received my blog book from blog-2-print, I am planning on booking my blog yearly to pass on to the boys and their children to pass on their "story". I was really happy with it!

We lost a special person this week, my first cousin "Jaybird" Shaw. He was in a car wreck and left behind his parents (Aunt Pat and Uncle LJ, my Mom's brother), his two children and his brother and his family. He was like no other. He was one that if you saw him coming you started smiling because you knew you were in for a laugh and a good neck hug. Fly away sweet Jaybird we will miss you here, but we WILL see you again someday.

3 comments:

  1. Amanda,I am so sorry about your cousin. I know that has been so hard for your family. Give "Nah Nah" and Huddy a kiss for us :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda, Aunt Pat & I got us a good happy cry tonight when we read your blog together over the telephone. What a sweet blog. Love Mom XOXO Give Nah Nah and Hudson a kiss for me too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You don't know me but I know the family. I went to school with some of them. So sadden by the lost of your cousin. Please tell family that friends are thinking and praying for them. I can't imagine life without one of my children know matter how old they are. May God bless each and everyone!!!!

    ReplyDelete