Thursday, April 1, 2010

Shubles and Rakes

I think it is safe to say that Spring is officially here! I went ahead and bought flowers and ferns to spruce up the front and I just LOVE the look of freshly planted flowers on our porch this time of year before they grow and get scraggly or can't survive my style of plant care ;) I had helpers this time to put the dirt in the pots and pick up the trash. They got mini shovels "shuble" and rakes, real metal ones and we have already had one upside the head, Hudson recovered quickly and a lecture was given about shuble safety. I am on HIGH alert for snakes this year, I just know one is lurking around the corner inside and out. I have been telling the boys how we don't like snakes, they will bite and NOT to go near the "lakepond" because they are living down there. I don't want to instill fear just a healthy amount of respect because I'm not positive they wouldn't want to pet one!
I am taking my last Masters class in a classroom (the very last one coincides with teaching) and I think I make a much better student as a Mom! I am loving it and this is the class I have put off for 5 years because I thought it was so hard! It is called Secondary Methods. Maybe its the adult time and conversation but it is working out a lot better than I expected. I am still beating down doors for a job but this is just an awful time to get a job in education in MS! We shall see!
I haven't posted in awhile because I feel overwhelmed about how many pictures I have taken and trying to choose what to talk about! Since I am doing this blog for my kids it makes me think what would I want them to remember in 30 years? So here are my favorites from the past two weeks

We went to Atlanta for a long weekend to visit Joel's Dad and Stepmom, one day we went to an international farmer's market....there was EVERY type of food here vegetable, fruits, spices, meats....cow tongue, pig head, ox blood, and other animal unimaginables available...we left with baby bananas, sugar cane and apples :) Here they are feeling a prickly pear of some sort.

Joel and Hudson playing

This is a swing that they have in their backyard that Pappy built, the arbor frame has a muscadine vine on it and the swing has a loooong chain and springs, he says that's the secret to a good swing (verb), I want one and have been talking about it for a long time...looks like I am going to just keep on talking.

It kind of hard to see the swing here but the chains are so long, its great!

Harrison getting his haircut, he LOVES to look in the mirror and smile and cheese for himself the whole time its hysterical...he gets it honest!

Here is the now butchered, and laughable entrance to our neighborhood.... Only now imagine two old birdhouses on poles stuck in the top of each column....more to come on this monstrosity soon!!

We went to one of Daddy's Laurel High School baseball games, they loved it!

Hudson will pose for anything, I thought he was smiling.

This toy caused a few wrestling matches in Atlanta, Harrison staked his claim.

Joel is chasing Huddy with a crab at the market, if fresh blue crab is not you maybe you would prefer dried sardines or dried baby shrimp...no?

2 comments:

  1. I love this post and it's pictures... especially the one with Harrison's haircut. Now that's a framer ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute are H&H?! Glad yall had a good trip.
    PS- I want that swing ;)

    ReplyDelete