Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thanksgiving Break

These are some pics from our Thanksgiving break.... It was interrupted by the flu, Saylor had it bad! The boys spent 3 nights away from us in hopes they wouldn't get it. That was a long time for us and it was so great to get them back in my arms. Thanks to our parents who really stepped up to help during their break too!

Sissy girl with Woody when she started going down hill.

We had a great day of cooking at the beginning, the boys are really old enough to be helpful and not just in the way... kind of.

Kayla had her 4th birthday party and it was a circus, literally, it was so cute and the cotton candy machine was my favorite! (Looks like it was Harrison's fav too! haha)

Here is Mawmaw and Aunt Barbara with the newest member to the Nelson family, Hanna Brook, she slept most of the party until she woke up and was ready to go home, I think she will be a home-body like Hudson.

Joel was the parent on Thanksgiving and took the boys to the Nelsons for lunch and then to the Pierce get together that afternoon. It was so pretty outside, they played football, tag and hit the baseball with Pappy.

We got all of our decor up and this was the night that the boys came home, I wasn't the only one glad to see them back ;)

This is a picture of Joel when he was 5 (he thinks) and it is a striking resemblance to Hudson...don't you think?


Pappy was giving him instructions on how to hit :)


This was the night they stayed with Nanny and Pop in Hattiesburg, they wore some of Grayson's (11 year old cousin) clothes and they thought they were big.


Where is Saylor?

Although we had a non-traditional Thanksgiving, I have to say I am so thankful for the health of our family, young and old. We have all been blessed beyond measure with health and after seeing my sick baby girl this week I don't want to take that for granted. I'm thankful for parents who live close and aren't scared to take on two 5 year-olds in a pinch, and I am the most thankful for my children and husband. It is so fun to just be at home together and laugh and play.... as my boys are yelling "Mommyyyyyyyyyy!" from their beds, let me go and get 2 cups of water and 2 blankies and 2 hugs and 2 kisses...rituals I don't really mind.

1 comment: