Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Arts and Crabs

I have a lot of back-blogging to catch up on! So over the next couple of days or week I will try to catch up! This week we are at Vacation Bible School. I am working with the 2-year old class...bad idea. It was not my intention to work with H and H's age group but that is where I am. Your children are NOT on their best behavior around their mom....I NOW know this. So, tomorrow I am transferring myself to another class so that maybe "H" (this particular brother shall remain anonymous) will participate in other activities besides "arts and crabs" (arts and crafts). It has been really fun getting to know the other kids!

Starting a couple weekends ago, my father-in-law (who is a skilled wood-worker and can build just about anything) and Joel began working on a new project! A pergola for our back yard/deck. We get some brutal afternoon sun and needed some relief. These are a few pics from the work in progress. It is now pretty much done with one missing detail so I'm saving the before/after until all the details are finished.

Pappy and Daddy discussing the next move.

These boys LOVE to watch and participate in projects, they knew who's ladder was which, who's hammer was who's and so on, very observant.

Boys are magnetically pulled to dirt, they find it, they smell it...they get in it.


Somebody "H" dumped all of the precious cereal on the floor and table and was throwing it around like snow (this is after much was picked up, they are not in this picture because they were in the corner :)

Next up: Beach trip 2010

1 comment:

  1. Cute. Cute. Oh Amanda, I so feel your pain about being in your kids' class at church... it just doesn't work... with either child! And I can't wait to see the pergola when it's finished. I bet it's beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete